Veitur takes pride in the care of equality amongst our workers with the following matters in mind:
- To equal remuneration for men and women.
- To enable men and women to coordinate between personal and job responsibilities.
- To even gender balance within the Reykjavík Energy and individual subsidiaries/groups/divisions/departments.
- To promote gender culture among employees.
- To promote education and awareness of employees about minorities issues and challenges.
- To promote education about the importance of diversity and tolerance.
- To work against gender-based and sexual harassment within the company.
- To take account of equality in policy and greater decision-making.
„No problem to stay at home for example if the children are sick or on a school-break."
Veitur is an active member of the Trades and Technology cooperative between OR and Árbæjarskóli, where students have the opportunity to get to know the industrial- and technology sectors in order to excite interest of both genders in such professions.
We put special emphasis on gender equality and that the percentage of student-contracts are equal between women and men.